Program Name: Diving & Marine Conservation Volunteer Work in Cambodia with Projects Abroad
Organization: Projects Abroad
About Projects Abroad: It was founded in 1992 when Dr. Peter Slowe, a university professor, realized the need for international programs that involve travelling and working abroad at the same time. A couple of his students approached him with an idea of spending a gap year in Eastern Europe. Knowing some colleagues in Romania, Dr. Peter Slowe set up a teaching English program for his students which gave a jump start to Projects Abroad.
Student by student Projects Abroad began sending participants on Teach English Abroad programs in Eastern Europe. Realizing the need for international volunteers in developing countries, Projects Abroad began growing and expanding its programs to many other countries all over the world.
Whether you are 16 or 75, a high school student or a retired professional, volunteering overseas is something that will change your life forever. No matter what your background or age is, Projects Abroad will find the right volunteer abroad program for you!
Highlights: Diving & Marine Conservation Project in Cambodia will enable you to participate in different fields of conservation work, some of these areas will be:
- Diving Project: On this particular project you will be involved in marine surveys, as well as salvage diving. Scientific studies will be conducted for on-going research projects, theerefore you will be woring with highly professional staff and learn from working alongside them. Salvage diving involves collecting garbage and debris from the reef. Cambodia is considered to be one of the best places for a Marine Conservation Project, since it has a coastline of about 400 km, and some of the best divers are working in Cambodia.
- Community Project: If you would like to combine conservation project with teaching, this program is just for you! While in Cambodia, you will be working with both children and adults on a number of the projects such as waste management, coastal clean-up, beach clean-up and others. As a Projects Abroad volunteer, you will also have an opportunity to teach English to local children.
- Jungle Surveys: While participating in this project, you will conduct two surveys a week on orchid species. The goal of this project is to help preserving rare and enangered sepcies. Trainng will be provided by a Russian PhD and all of the jungle trips will be done by experienced guides.
Requirements and Qualifications: No requirements or qualifications necessary, just a desire to help and an open mind
Age: 16 and up
Cost: Please visit our website
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Full travel insurance
- Medical insurance
- In-country induction with a staff member upon arrival
- 24 hour back-up and Support from staff at home and abroad
- Personalized MyProjectsAbroad page
- Pre-departure support from desk officer by email and phone
- Visa support (if applicable)
Cost not included:
- Airfare, though can be booked through Projects Abroad
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- In-country personal expenses
Living Specifications: Shared Accomodations
Other Projects Abroad Programs:
Learn Spanish Abroad in Bolivia
African Savannah Conservation
Inca Volunteer Project in Peru
Rainforest Conservation Program in Peru
Marine Mammal Conservation in Mozambique
To receive more information about this program please fill out "Request More Info" form.